What is Respondus LockDown Browser?
Respondus LockDown Browser is a secure browser for taking quizzes and exams in Moodle. It prevents you from printing, copying, or accessing other applications and websites during a quiz. If a Moodle quiz requires LockDown, you will not be able to take the quiz with a standard web browser. LockDown should only be used for taking Moodle quizzes; it should not be used in other areas of Moodle.
If your instructor requires LockDown, you will be provided with that information and a link in Moodle. The link is specific to Southeast Community College.
Using LockDown on Campus
LockDown is available in the following labs:
- Beatrice: LRC (K100), F119, J110, J210, K400
- Lincoln: LRC (L001), B0223, L003, L004, R001, R004, T105, T109, U012, U014, U015, U016
- Milford: LRC, ETC103, ETC226
- Available for Windows and Mac
- LockDown is not supported on Chromebooks, iOS, Android, or any other mobile devices
- You only need to download LockDown once. After installation, it can be used repeatedly for any quiz or exam in Moodle that requires LockDown.
- Installing LockDown
- Download LockDown for SCC
- Close all programs and windows.
- Open LockDown. It should open to the SCC Moodle home page.
- Click the Login link in the upper-right corner of Moodle, and log in using your SCC username and password.
- Navigate to the course.
- Click the quiz/exam link in the course.
- The font size can be changed.
- Click the Information-Settings icon in the toolbar (the “i” button).
- Click “Set Font Size” to choose a new size.
- Click Apply.
- You will not be able to exit the exam once you start.
- You will need to finish and submit the exam before closing the browser window.
- You cannot minimize the browser window, print, or navigate to other web sites except those allowed by your instructor during the exam.
- All other applications are blocked.