When connecting devices such as game consoles (Xbox, PS4, Nintendo Switch, etc.) or smart TVs, the device will need to connect to the SCC-Open wireless or wired connection then disconnect for at least 5 minutes. After that, the device can be reconnected and should have internet access.
If issues occur while connecting or the connection still does not work, please contact the Help Desk. You may be asked to provide your MAC address.
To Find the MAC Address on a Xbox One Console:
- Go to My Xbox in the Xbox Dashboard and select Settings.
- In the Settings pane, select Network.
- Select Advanced Settings from the Network Settings tab.
- At the bottom of this screen you’ll see a headings for Wired MAC and wireless MAC.
To Find the MAC Address on a Playstation 4 Console:
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select System Information.
- The system information, including Network/MAC address, should display on the screen.
To Find the MAC Address on a Nintendo Switch Console:
- Select System Settings from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down and select Internet.
- The MAC address will be listed under System MAC Address.