While you are an SCC Student or Employee, you can download the Microsoft Office applications for free using your Microsoft 365 Subscription. This is a complete version of Microsoft Office and can be installed on up to 5 computers. (Note: Microsoft Access is not available for Apple devices. Google Chromebooks cannot use these steps since they cannot install applications this way.)
You must be connected to the internet while the download/install is running.
1. Open the download link: https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx
2. Click on the Install Office button to start the download.
3. Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
4. If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.
5. If you are prompted to “Allow my organization to manage my device“, make sure to uncheck this option and click “This app only” or “No, sign in to this app only”
To start using the applications after installation, you will need to enter the same username and password that is used to log into The Hub.
Note: you can continue to use this software on your personal devices as long as you are an active Student or Employee. Once become inactive, the functionality of this software will end and any data you have stored on OneDrive will no longer be accessible.