When will I be notified to upgrade?
Starting daily Feb 9, 2016, for the next couple months, each day 1-5% of the users who are using the Office Suite Software, downloaded from the Office 365 site will receive the upgrade notification within any of the Office applications until all users have been notified.
You will not be forced to upgrade!
- The upgrade downloads in the background and when complete the user receives a notice that the upgrade is ready to install. The student, faculty or staff can postpone prompt; but will be reminded on the next time they launch the application. There are no forced upgrades.
- The install requires all Office applications to be closed and will take on average 10-15 minutes.
- This upgrade will not effect College Computers
Who is affected by this change/notification?
Only users who are currently using Office 2013 for Windows on their Personal Devices
Example notification in Microsoft Word:
Do I have to wait for the notification before I can upgrade?
No – you can do one of the following:
- Log into Outlook on the web.
- Click on the gear icon (Settings) and click Office 365 Settings.
- Click Software.
- If you are allowed to install Office 2016, click Install button to download/install.
- Follow the prompts to install the software. You will be prompted to enter your account credentials (SCCusername@southeast.edu/ hub password) to activate the software.
Any Questions, please email the Helpdesk- firstname.lastname@example.org